Frequently Asked Questions
Before you contact us, have a read through our FAQs to see if we have the answer to your question.
What are the opening times
Opening times for members
- Monday to Friday 7:00-12:00
- NEW Thursdays and Fridays 16:00-21:00
- Saturday-Sunday 8:00-14:00
We have Open Days on the first Sunday of the every month, from Oct to April, between 10:00-14:00. No membership is required for open days. Details the open day events are listed on our Facebook Pages and News & Views pages.
What is the dress code?
- This is the UK (not Scandinavia or Germany) and we ask people to wear what they would wear in a public swimming pool.
- Outdoor shoes should never be worn inside the sauna.
- You must sit on a towel for reasons of hygiene and longevity of the benches.
If in doubt, please get in touch.
When and how do I get my wristband?
Once you’ve set up your membership and paid, we’ll get your wristband setup with unique access for you. We will contact you via email to coordinate when you can pick up your wristband at the Rowing Club Bar.
Which size wristband should I chose?
The SMALL wristband measures 20cm on the inside and the LARGE measures 21.5cm. If members think they are medium, we recommend to go for large.
Can I share my wristband?
Your sauna membership is only for you and strictly non-transferable. If this has occurred , we can remove your membership with no warning and without refunding your payment.
What do I do if I have lost my wristband?
- Inform Folkestone Sea Sauna immediately so we can remove access for your wristband.
- New wristbands can be purchased for £25.
Can I bring a friend?
No, members are not allowed to bring friends and family. A membership is only for the member who has paid and signed up to our rules and regulations. However, we hold regular open days where everyone is welcome. Please, keep an eye on our events page or follow us on social media for more information.
I’m visiting the area, can I come for the day?
Only members can use the sauna every day. However, we hold regular open days where everyone is welcome. Please, keep an eye on our events page or follow us on social media for more information.
I’m already a member of Folkestone Rowing Club. Can I use the sauna?
- A membership to Folkestone Sea Sauna also includes a social membership to the Rowing Club.
- If you are already a social member of the Rowing Club, you still need to sign up with the sauna and add your membership number. From here on, you don’t need to pay for your social membership.
- If you are already a sports member of the Rowing Club and would like to add the sauna to your membership, we have a special offer for you. Please, send us an email with your name and membership number and we will get in touch.
How often does the sauna get cleaned?
The sauna should be cleaned every day and have a deep clean once a week. If you notice any issues, please get in touch.
What do I do if something doesn’t look right?
If something doesn’t look right or looks broken or if you feel uncomfortable with another members behaviour, please report it immediately: Contact Us
What do I do if someone has forgotten an item?
- Please leave any forgotten items in the changing room. The person may come back to look for it.
- If you find a wristband, please hand it in at the Rowing Club bar.
- Any forgotten items will be collected by our cleaner and handed in at the Rowing Club bar.
Who has access to the CCTV in the Sauna?
As the Sauna is unmanned, the camera was installed to ensure the safety of our members and security of the premises. Whilst not actively monitored, the recordings are only accessible by the sauna committee are deleted after 30 days.